Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d13] Infinitely sparring (airborn?) royal guard; shows up in 'k', not 'v'.  (Read 1061 times)

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rather odd... For a few seasons, possibly years, I've had a legendary wrestler royal guard sparring in the same tile, all alone.

She is ecstatic and has not required food or water. She appears to be airborne, as well.

She also does not show up when I use 'v' to try to look at her. She does show up when I select her in 'k'.

Looking at her in Dwarf Therapist reveals she is working on wrestling, but has a -78 skill level in it, despite being legendary.

Causing a one-tile cave in (from the floor above) beside her knocks her unconscious, but does not stop the behavior.

I can only imagine she has become ascendant and is levitating in the middle of the old barracks.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some things to try...

-Build a floor under her, maybe she'll walk away.
-If above doesn't work, collapse floor from directly under her
-Is she in a barracks?  If so, remove the barracks and see if she stops sparring due to lack of barracks.
-Magma.
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

Airborne as in her tile has a blue background?  If so, then it's this problem.  I managed to fix it when it happened to me with a goblin, via the magic of Dwarf Companion, although there may be better hacking tools now, I'm not sure.

The -78 skill level is likely due to an integer overflow in Dwarf Therapist.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or in DF itself, if he's stuck in a weird state that has him constantly gaining experience.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, airborn as in blue background. I can only figure that I managed to save the game at the exact moment of her being knocked back, and so she won't move.
I have tried moving the barracks, and I am considering trying to suck her down a floor with another cave-in, but I want to make sure that the cave-in location fits my fort's long-term design.

Until then... Wonder if she'll ever get back to positive skill levels? She has incredible stats.

Maybe she'll die the instant she hits the ground from starvation/dehydration?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

The cave-in probably won't do anything useful.  Seriously, I've encountered this problem before:

My experience: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25838.0
Me helping Warlord with the same problem: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27140.0

Basically you use Dwarf Companion to remove the "projectile" state from the goblin, except the bit flags seem to be mislabeled so you just have to uncheck all of them, which should result in the goblin falling to the ground.  Actually finding the goblin in the list can be tricky though, since he might be labeled as dead already.