Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killing Animals Inside Cages?  (Read 836 times)

DuckBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Killing Animals Inside Cages?
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:19 pm »

DuckBoy Has Been Possessed.

DuckBoy needs corpses... inside cages.

**Looking for a way to get corpses inside cages, or kill animals while they're inside a cage without destroying the cage, or their corpse.  Dropping cages to the bottom of the ocean does not kill animals.  Freezing the cage (constructed or not) in an ice wall does not kill the animals.  Destructing the cage while the cage is inside the ice wall does not kill the animals.  Dropping a wall on the cage with animals inside does kill animals, but not the cage.  Is there any way to do this? 

I was going to try freezing the cage in an ice wall, melting the ice with magma, then dropping the roof on the square, then refreezing the square, and digging out the cage, but I'm starting to doubt it'll work.  (and I can't find my magma pipe :( )

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Killing Animals Inside Cages?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:47:04 pm »

If the map is cold enough, cages come with free corpses when you trade.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Killing Animals Inside Cages?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 12:43:07 am »

Temperature should indeed transfer into cages, both hot and cold, though hot temperatures tends to have the unfortunate side effect of setting them on fire.

Do note that once the corpse is inside the cage, it will not rot until you remove it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:45:15 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.