Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: In need of a GameGuard-free MMO  (Read 7608 times)

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In need of a GameGuard-free MMO
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 11:43:49 am »

Illarion actually sounds like it could be pretty good. Why do they hate you there?

Yeah, games like Mabinogi, Asda Story, Trickster, Maple Story, et cetera, HAVE A VIRUS BUILT IN.

A virus? Why would GameGuard come with a virus? And why on earth would you reinstall games that come with a virus knowing that they came with a virus? o_O

I unfortunately don't have any other suggestions about MMOs to try - I don't really like them much. Why not try some singleplayer games which provide a similar feel? Oblivion, with a bunch of good mods, for instance, if your computer can handle it. (I'd suggest looking at a mod list to start with, like ... huh, Firefox is showing a 'content encoding error' for arwen's oblivion mod list - well, maybe it's on archive.org or works in another web browser)
Tell me decent mods, please. I installed FCOM and had no fun with the Game. Then again, some of it WAS in German.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 02:02:22 am »

I've been playing Wind Slayer by Outspark recently. I know they don't use GameGuard.
Isn't OutSpark the game company that has games questionably similar to what Nexon makes?

*looks at the mentioned game*  Wow.  That just SCREAMS "MapleStory rip-off" at me.  The style doesn't even seem significantly different.

And I'd already heard that another of their games was practically a Ragnarok Online clone.

...I didn't care much for Fiesta, either.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 02:47:47 am »

I looked at a Runes of Magic screenshot once and mistook it for a WoW screenshot until somebody pointed it out to me.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 02:52:04 am »

I looked at a Runes of Magic screenshot once and mistook it for a WoW screenshot until somebody pointed it out to me.

Holy shit, true.

Also, we have to face it. There are simply no free MMOs that can concurrence WoW in all aspects. An MMORPG is such a damn huge logistical fuckmess that there will never be "a free WoW" that has more than a few million players. Because a few million players require a huge amount of bandwith. Even more so if you have over 10 Million, like WoW.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 08:19:38 pm »

Okay, fucking wow, I had forgotten about this topic. I know it's a necropost, but screw that.

First of all, they hate me in Illarion because I openly shared things regarding my spirituality and disabilities, acted like a noob, and didn't fit any of my characters into their setting, primarily because I can't come up with a concept that would fit their setting. Also, they are elitists. If you can't RP at their level, they'll shit all over you.

Second, I will not play WoW ever again, as it is the second worst MMO out there, worst being RuneScape. That is from personal experience. Never tell me to play WoW, I will not pay for a piece of shit game.

Third, I will not pay monthly for a game either, so obviously, it's Free MMO. Unfortunately, I've tried DDO Unlimited, and that fails, and I'm bored to tears with Mabinogi. As for Asda Story, it's fail. I currently play ForumWarz and I might play DDO and Mabi once in a while for now.

And fourth, thank you Okenido, for reminding me that I've been meaning to play KoL for about two years now. I'll get to it soon enough.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 08:43:21 pm »

Here are a few MMOs that don't use hack protection at all. ;)

I don't recommend them, though. :P

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 01:23:32 am »

Wow, you sure hate WoW. And Runespace.  And this is coming from a guy who doesn't like WoW. Or Runespace. I've played them both for a few years, though.

Both of them aren't that bad, you know. They just get old after a while. Oh, and WoW steals babies' smiles and ruins lives of some people.

Aaannyway, Pointless rant aside,  (Seeing as how I only read the first post, and your necro one,(Nothing like a good old Yanlin post to tell me the thread has been necro'ed) I don't know if these have been mentioned yet so yeah.) why not try multiplayer Neverwinter nights? Its free, once you buy Neverwinter nights that is. And singleplayer is definitely worth it. Not really anime, but, hey, I doubt you care that much. They have some awesome servers on NWN.

Or, if it must be an MMO.. Uh, yeah, I'm out, I don't like MMO's.  :P

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 06:38:38 am »

WoW is one of the best MMOs out there, quality wise. You just hate it, that is all.

Don't blame you, though.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 05:02:18 pm »

I know this breaks the size limit, but I can't help but mention DDO. It's no masterpiece but with some friends it's a very fun mmorpg. Personally I recommend staying clear of soloing entirely, going with a group is infinitely more fun, just like the normal DD,  I guess  ::)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 05:40:11 pm »

I know this breaks the size limit, but I can't help but mention DDO. It's no masterpiece but with some friends it's a very fun mmorpg. Personally I recommend staying clear of soloing entirely, going with a group is infinitely more fun, just like the normal DD,  I guess  ::)

He already tried that, the game gets boring if you don't pay.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 03:58:08 am »

Just out of curiosity, what is it about haven and hearth that nixes it?  Graphics fail?
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!
Pages: 1 2 [3]