Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dragon Age Flash Game  (Read 3211 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age Flash Game
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 02:22:44 pm »

And then I look back at my post and go "What the hell was I smoking?", as all it is really is just flamebait. ffffffffffffff

Okay, okay, my bad, I shouldn't have gone off on a rant. And no, it wasn't directed at you, Servant Corps, sorry for any confusion.

But, back to discussion of the game at hand. It's solid, I'll give it that. Sure, the dialogue could use work and all that, but the combat works and the leveling works and all that good stuff. I'd recommend others to give it a go.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 02:34:00 pm »

Ugh, me too. Its like fanboys, only in reverse. EA makes quite a few good games, but they just over hype everything which makes most of everything a let down.

Wait, what? There's a reason why marketing exists (to create a market for shitty games?). :P People spend their whole careers, getting paid to generate hype. If one has an issue with EA Marketing, you can forward your grievances to the EA Marketing Department.

They might not hear your mail arrive as they'll be too busy rubbing themselves with wads of cash.

Which is why I torrent EVERYTHING before I buy it. If its good, I pay for it, if its not, I move on.  So they only get my loot if they make a good game. And there are plenty of "pirates" that do this. Hell, I pirated Half-Life 2  three days before release, and beat it on release day. A week later I went out and bought it, even after I downloaded it and beat it for free. Then when the Orange Box came out, I bought that too. Same for L4D.

Halo 3? Tried it, thought it was horrible, didnt buy it. Even after it was proclaimed the "greatest game in the universe for ever and always" by every reviewer that touched it, and every fanboy on the planet. Sorry folks, game sucks. And, as a result I wont even attempt ODST, which is a cheap ass way to continue cashing in on Halo 3. Its the same game ffs. Guess what? Big huge money grubbing conglomerate of evil/doom/diapers/whatever wont get my money.

But seriously, all you see around here is all that "OMG BIG CORPORATION GONNA GAT MAH MONIEZ! NOES I CANT HAS THAT EVEN IF IT MITE BE A GUD GAME. EA BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Id love to say I dont condole piracy, but the simple fact that EVERY game company, large or small, will put out junk, not release a demo and charge 50/60 bucks for a game that I dont even know if I will like/can run drives me to it anyways. And, when it proves to be junk, Im glad I didnt waste my money on a game that you cannot return for a refund. But if said game is good it gets my money, EA/2k/whoever.  This way I dont miss out on good games just because they made it, and dont waste my money if it sucks. Good day.

Ps. I SAID GOOD DAY!

Really, you shouldn't have to break the law to keep from getting practically stolen from.  It's a fact that reviewers get bribed by game companies for good positive reviews, not necessarily with money.  Sometimes it's making deals for early access to review code, sometimes with lavish parties including scantily clad waitresses, but it's happened, and happens.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 03:17:28 pm »

You're not getting practically stolen from.  You're buying something it took years, millions of dollars, and dozens of people to make.  If you don't like a game, steal it or don't buy it.  I'm just tired of the crying over game companies being run by Dr. Claw and The Penguin.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 03:44:56 pm »

If you buy something because the people selling it told you it was a certain way when it was in fact a different way, that's practically theft.  You gave them your money for something and they didn't give it to you.  I guess it's closer to fraud, but whatever.  The point is that you shouldn't have to break the law to avoid it.  That's just messed up.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:46:27 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 05:12:54 pm »

Really, you shouldn't have to break the law to keep from getting practically stolen from.  It's a fact that reviewers get bribed by game companies for good positive reviews, not necessarily with money.  Sometimes it's making deals for early access to review code, sometimes with lavish parties including scantily clad waitresses, but it's happened, and happens.

I agree. I generally dont pay attention to reviews because they are really meaningless nowadays. Halo 3 got a perfect 10 in game informer (and probably everywhere else, but I only read review when Im in the bathroom). They didnt list one fault. I could list a few like a crappy story, too short of a single player campaign, is basicly the same fps shooter that has been made in the past 5 years.

And then they give Painkiller, which I consider the best fps game ever created (with the possiblity of being replaced by Borderlands) a 5 or something. And that game was amazingly fun, single player and multi player. It also had a revolutionary physics system at the time. Had amazingly fun gameplay, and some pretty interesting guns (a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. Ninja stars, and lightning!). Whats so revolutionary about Halo 3? Dual Wield? Nope. Multiplayer? Nope. Shiny? Nope. Story? Nope. Anyways, enough of the Halo 3 rant. Sorry :P

I have the same take on game reviews as movie reviews for the most part. Take what they say, flip it around 180 degrees and there ya go.  There are obvious exceptions of course, but it works pretty well.  I also pay attention to what the actual players say about the game, not including fanyboys.

Its just real bullshit that nowadays most game companies just make the same bs over and over again. 

Quote from: Cthulhu
You're not getting practically stolen from.  You're buying something it took years, millions of dollars, and dozens of people to make.  If you don't like a game, steal it or don't buy it.  I'm just tired of the crying over game companies being run by Dr. Claw and The Penguin.

Thats cute and made me chuckle. ;D

And sorry if my last post came off as really dickish, I tend to do that so dont read into it too much. @_@
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 01:56:15 am »

You know, I'd really like it if anybody actually played this game, and that this thread discusses the game itself, rather than some joke that I didn't think people would take seriously.
I did, for a while. It was decent for a flash game, but still shit.

"EA" didn't make the game, "bioware" did. Bioware was bought by EA,

Which means that EA is the developer of this game, and Bioware is just a studio within EA. Therefore, I stick with my contention.
This is clearly just a matter of bullshit semantics, and I have no desire to argue over something so trivial as the naming of EA's role. My point was just that EA as a whole deserves no credit for any success bioware might turn out, and whether you want to consider it EA's game or not doesn't change that.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:59:15 am by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 04:56:16 am »

Well DA was supposedly in development for years before EA assimilated Bioware.  It was meant to be PC exclusive up until then as well, supposedly.  The question of course is how much work was Bioware actually doing on DA then, and how much was changed after EA got ahold of it.  We'll probably never know.  What we can be fairly certain of though is that the current version of DA will be very console friendly, as practically anything released on consoles these days is.  I think that last multiplatform game I heard of that wasn't console centric was Risen, and before that I can't really say... some of the games in the Orange Box?  Episode 2 was getting painfully close though with it's ridiculous bloom and magic waypoints.  Neither of the developers of the games mentioned had the reputation for excessive use of Corporate Ethics like EA does.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:00:15 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 07:40:50 pm »

I don't think EA are bad. Just mediocre. They don't really tend to do anything that breaks away from mainstream, anything with their big black void of a logo on the front rarely seems to impress me. It isn't to say they make bad games, just that they to me take the visage of a huge faceless monolith mega company, rather than companies like Valve that you can come to love for their innovative creations.

Every once in a while, something that comes from EA will impress me. But for the most part, it's a trend of steady mediocrity.

That said, Dragon Age looks pretty fucking sweet, in the shortest term of praise I can muster.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 07:53:22 pm »

As was said before, games are too expensive and time-consuming to make for risk-taking anymore.  That's why all the innovation is in the indie genre.  Major companies aren't comfortable shelling out millions of dollars on something that may or may not sell.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 04:30:07 am »

As was said before, games are too expensive and time-consuming to make for risk-taking anymore.  That's why all the innovation is in the indie genre.  Major companies aren't comfortable shelling out millions of dollars on something that may or may not sell enough to keep their share holders from tantruming.

Fixed ;D

It's never about making money, or enough money to stay in business.  It's about making as much money as humanly possible within the limits of the law.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:32:03 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 10:26:21 am »

The comments are really positive too.  Have you guys considered maybe it's just a good game?
That or the escapist is good at copying the opinion of the guy on top. Given my experience there where every time i disagreed with one of the news posters i ended up with 20 people replying that i was an idiot, i'd say it's just their hive mind acting up.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 [2]