Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding gems  (Read 516 times)

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding gems
« on: October 28, 2009, 06:30:23 pm »

I'm making a new playable race who are sort of stone ancients of the earth, basically they're semi-giants and rely on a powerful stone. I've removed all gems from the game apart from one, and changed it's name to powerstone. What can I do to make it appear all over? I'm currently using this below but I know there's probably a hundred things wrong with it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding gems
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 06:34:04 pm »

That looks like it'll work, but the massive value is a little disconcerting - considering that they're everywhere, even if they're not ever traded, finding some will have a massive effect on immigration and such.

If you want microcline-esque amounts of the stuff, change CLUSTER_SMALL to CLUSTER_LARGE.

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:39:10 pm »

I've changed it from SMALL to LARGE but still no sign of them, I've had two generated worlds now and they don't seem to be anywhere. I'm used to seeing small bundles of gems in the mountainside but there's nothing here.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 06:40:42 pm »

Have you made sure to format the file correctly if they're in a new file, or if they're not, have you cleared data/objects?

Finally, does errorlog.txt have anything to say?

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:47:40 pm »

"Unrecognized Inclusion Type Token: CLUSTER_LARGE" in the error log. I'm not sure what you mean by clearing out the objects folder, do you mean literally delete everything in there?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 06:50:32 pm »

Oh, it's just CLUSTER, not CLUSTER_LARGE, sorry.

About the objects folder: if you ever change anything significant in the raws, you're probably better off deleting everything in data/objects to force the game to reload the files. If you just change the existing files the game will overwrite the old data for those files, but if you delete a file, the content of said file will remain parsed in data/objects until you delete it from there.

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 06:57:08 pm »

Still no luck, cleared the folder out and the error log shows nothing this time.

Does the [ENVIRONMENT:ALL_STONE:CLUSTER:10000]  mean it spawns anywhere? Maybe it's in areas I'm not embarking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 07:01:34 pm »

Try lowering it to 100.

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 07:13:54 pm »

I embarked near a chasm and theres a LOAD of the stuff towards the bottom of it. Shows it works now, just a shame it's not all over the place!