Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Print Mode?  (Read 736 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Print Mode?
« on: October 24, 2009, 01:41:47 pm »

I've been reading about ways to increase FPS, due to my absolutely horrid frame rate, and I believe this had a substancial impact for some players. So, I'm wondering, what exactly does it do, and how could I change it from the standard to perhaps speed up the framerate?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Print Mode?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 03:53:50 pm »

Partial print, you mean. I don't know where, but that's what it is called, and the question has definitely been answered.

Use the search.

But anyhow, partial print just prints only prints the part of the screen that changes from frame to frame.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 11:33:06 am »

edit (df_folder)/data/init/init.txt

change PRINT_MODE:STANDARD to PRINT_MODE:PARTIAL:0

it might be a good idea to try the 40d# versions, if you haven't already. The print modes are explained near the end of the thread.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:58:08 am »

What about VBO and the buffer options?  I've been looking for info on those, haven't been able to find it...  there should really be a dedicated thread for that sort of stuff, the main d* thread is far too cluttered with technical chatter for searching to work

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:03:30 pm »

What about VBO and the buffer options?  I've been looking for info on those, haven't been able to find it...  there should really be a dedicated thread for that sort of stuff, the main d* thread is far too cluttered with technical chatter for searching to work

Linky to a relevant post by Baughn in the d16 thread