Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New place. Need ideas.  (Read 1769 times)

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
Re: New place. Need ideas.
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 03:55:56 pm »

Kill, maim, and torture as many random sentients as you can manage without making a tantrum spiral, both yours and the traders.

Already started that route, but not by my own hand. Basically this.

I like the tower idea, I'm going to build it in the pit, without flooring it off. Basically I'm going to leave the bottom open for....noble accidents and then wall off from above the pit. However due to presence of GCS I shall have to go a killing/capturing before building up.

I may have to re-route the underground river too when I find it to flow through the fort. Aquiducts across the pit, distribution system then pumps to the top for a full scale waterfall, top to bottomless pit.

Anything else guys? I love a good challenge and this looks to be my first long time fort.

Also I'm going to name the guy in charge Urist McLeader, Our Dread Lord and put him atop the tower.

Quick edit on Z-levels, 64, top to bottom.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:03:05 pm by TheCatfish »
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 04:18:01 am »

Build an elaborate labyrinth (elaborynth?) to give the Inevitable Captured Goblins a workout on their way to run back to the rest of the goblins. It should be theoretically beatable, but by no means easy.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 07:38:51 am »

I have to agree with the tower idea. Bonus points if you can somehow build it IN the magma. Like, mega Armok multiplier bonus.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: 1 [2]