Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Haunted area, not so haunted?  (Read 1591 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haunted area, not so haunted?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 07:05:03 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the mixture of savagrey and evil affects what you get, with the following effects:
high evil- Low Savagery:zombie groundhogs at the worst, zombie deer at the best, these places fail
High Evil-Medium Savagery:tends to have a mix of zombie and skeletal wolves, elephants, eagles, cave creatures ect. Probably the best for a challenge
High Evil- High Savagery:Ogres, harpies and beak dogs, rarely has undead, dunno guess the savage creatures killed them all?  Can be intense.
Medium Evil-Medium-low savagery:undead wildlife, nothing to bad, maybe a skeletal bear or wolf pack
Low Evil-Low savage:nothing special, actually can be more boring then good biomes.

In conclusion, go for High Evil, medium savage for undead hordes, and High both for harpies and Ogres.
Nom nom nom

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 08:03:42 pm »

I just embarked in a sinister area. The pit is full of zombies, and so is the UG river (apparently). Not one skeleton. I'm happy, as it means that I don't have to worry too much about cleaning the pit.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 08:25:49 pm »

In my experience, sinister biomes are more likely to have undead. Terrifying tend to have nasty beasts like harpies and werewolves while haunted tend to be boring.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 05:32:36 am »

My previous Terrifying biome was quite the adventure and led me to a severe phobia of skeletal eagles. Fortunately it doesn't appear to be as crippling in real life as it is in DF, or I would be in trouble.

My current fort has just started in a terrifying flatland with a ton of lakes and tons of carp. None of them skeletal, however, thank Armok. But there indeed doesn't appear to be a single undead here, which would be dreadfully boring if so.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."
Pages: 1 [2]