Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How exactly do I drop my weapons in adventure mode?  (Read 348 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How exactly do I drop my weapons in adventure mode?
« on: December 20, 2009, 08:38:59 pm »

Well, this thread had another purpose but seeing as that adventurer sadly died shortly after the thread was made, I'll make this a question anyway because I'll be facing this problem in the future.

Yes, how exactly do I drop my weapons? I was a hammerdwarf and it was explaining that I didn't have an appropriate container for my hammer.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:48:31 pm by Owlbread »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How exactly do I drop my weapons in adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:38:13 pm »

press d
then scroll down to your weapon, it wont be highlighted green, and it will say "in whatever hand".
Press the letter that it corrisponds to and, tada! you have dropped it!.

Also a sort of corrisponding question.

How can i like, "pull" creatures into a pond, e.g. im in a murky pond and a creature is to the left of me on the bank, how do i pull it in.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Amalgam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How exactly do I drop my weapons in adventure mode?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 11:54:41 pm »

@OP: You can use '?' to open up the help menu and navigate to "keybindings" to get a list of all the basic functions in adventure mode as well as what keys to press.

@silhouette: As I understand it the only ways to move creatures are to either throw them with a wrestling move by grabbing them first, charge at them, or hit them hard enough that they go flying. I'm fairly sure it's not possible to choose what direction you throw someone in, I think they just get thrown in whatever direction you're "facing," but you can try. You might try performing take-downs on them from in the pond and doing this until they get tired enough that you can climb out and throw them in. Alternatively you can just break their legs to immobilize them.

That said I would really like a way to drag things in adventure mode...