Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to get the other races to seige you?  (Read 1209 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the other races to seige you?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 03:08:19 am »

Hmmm, the stockpile thing might be true, I cut away every tree in my map for a bunch of years, and then ramp carved away the very ground they grew on (not particalarly to piss off the elves, but its a nice side effect).
But no sieging elves. They send a diplomat to moan at my countess a year or so back though.

They even brought me 3 interesting annimals the year I started carving away the first soil layer. Robbing the annimals after offering them some *ashen ballista parts* and before flinging them around with my drawbridge didnt make them more warlike either... My elves are too tollerant.

Or too scared. Yes, must be that. Beardless cowards.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 04:22:45 am »

Also, for elves, lie to them. Tell them you're going to limit yourself to [piddling number] of trees. Cut down [piddling number + 1] trees. Instant siege next spring.

[ETHICS_LYING:UNTHINKABLE] or whatever it was.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 08:39:44 am »

You can cut down as many trees as you want.  Elves don't get pissy untill you start ignoring their diplomats or break the treaties.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.
Pages: 1 [2]