Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interrupting across z-levels  (Read 646 times)

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interrupting across z-levels
« on: December 10, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »

Monsters are able to interrupt labor below or above the actual worksite, regardless of the fact that there is no way for the monster to reach the dwarves being interrupted by it.
I'm currently dealing with a whole fortress crippled by fear due to a giant cave spider walking on the ground two levels above them, which forces me to relocate my whole fortress and possibly give up most of my supplies, because the dwarves would be too scared to approach the abandoned stockpiles.While entertaining, this scenario is pretty annoying and broken.

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interrupting across z-levels
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:29:00 pm »

Cave spiders should be able to scale walls anyway.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Ralje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if all cave-dwelling monsters got this ability at some point, so fleeing dwarfs -bugged as they are- may be some kind of foreshadowing.
I>"When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD" - Pt

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »

Cave spiders can scale walls, sure, that I can see.  But deer stuck on a cliff below?  No.  HELL no.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Draco18s:
<STRONG>Cave spiders can scale walls, sure, that I can see.  But deer stuck on a cliff below?  No.  HELL no.</STRONG>

Situation drew.

1. He's wearing leather.
2. Find the secret(s)

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »

A dwarf engraving looking like that?  I would drown the one responsible    :p

And... Why is a dwarf crying for Jesus?  MYSTARY!!!11!1!

PS: Posting while drunk is teh bad.

[ December 10, 2007: Message edited by: Krash ]

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »

"This is an image of a dwarf and a deer in pixel. The dwarf if cowering. The Deer is striking a menacing pose."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.