Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The age of myth  (Read 1129 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: The age of myth
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 10:13:00 am »

Who says the world doesnt fall into a dark age and all life is obliterate by uncaged demons?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

herrbdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 10:50:00 am »

I think the specific history of the world, either through the random generation process, or by interactions from the player, would determine the fate of the world, whether it becomes a utopia or an ashen ruin. Or anything in between. Or something completely different!

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »

Im sure it would be a nightmare for Toady to program, but it would be oh-so-cooL!

Still... were talking something more towards the scale of Spore.

You could eat fruit at the dawn of time, spit a seed into a puddle and centuries later your dwarf pauses for a rest under one of the original tree's descendants. And an apple falls on his head, which he then eats!

According to Toady keeping the entire world in memory would take up a ridiculous number of gigabites. So i wonder how the game would handle and record such a volume of information.

Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?
Pages: 1 [2]