Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf cancels Rest: Interrupted by Goblin  (Read 1380 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Dwarf cancels Rest: Interrupted by Goblin
« on: October 18, 2009, 02:53:42 am »

One of my fisherman just got stabbed by a goblin thief on his way out (he ran before he got anything/one, thankfully.), and as he went to go rest in his bed, my military chased the goblin back past the poor fisherman, frightening him once more. He kind of cancelled resting and ran off to drop things in stockpiles. He has a red lung-wound that isn't bleeding, and he seems to be randomly falling down unconscious and getting winded, but never going to rest! Why won't my dwarf rest?
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf cancels Rest: Interrupted by Goblin
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 02:58:34 am »

Probably related to this bug.  I went ahead and crossposted your quote in that thread in case Toady checks back when he gets around to fixing the bug.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:03:56 am »

Probably related to this bug.  I went ahead and crossposted your quote in that thread in case Toady checks back when he gets around to fixing the bug.
^^ Thank you, kind sir. I was just seeing if anyone else had this sort of problem. If it's any help, I'm running v40d.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

CursedBurger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:07:12 am »

Is the problem that he doesn't want to rest, or is it he's being interrupted by nightmare-goblins? I'm pretty sure dwarves with punctured lungs don't try to rest from them (they've still got one good lung!). I remember having a swordsdwarf who kept fighting through a siege with a bolt stuck in her upper body and with a mangled right lung.

I'm pretty sure the problem is that they'll only be taken to bed if they fall unconscious.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 03:47:22 am »

I have had positive results from this bug.
M champion got a broken arm in battle and went to rest. He was interrupted by another goblin, and proceeded to kill it, healing up his broken arm in battle.

It seems there are two types of healing checks.. One at the start of every season, with a random chance of healing injuries, and a lot of checks during battle.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479