Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile toggles for dyed/undyed cloth  (Read 1840 times)

OneRaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile toggles for dyed/undyed cloth
« on: September 01, 2009, 06:19:13 pm »

There are a couple of threads on this, but since the last one is over a year old...

I'd like to see a toggle on the stockpile options for allowing only dyed or undyed cloth. This could work just like the usable/unusable toggles on other stockpiles - u toggles undyed, j toggled dyed. This came up in my latest fort because I like to line up my industry so that goods move in one direction along the "assembly line", in this case:

farmer's workshop -> cloth stockpile (thread only) -> loom -> cloth stockpile (undyed cloth only) -> dyer's shop -> cloth stockpile (dyed only) -> cloithers shop.

Unfortunately, there's no option for whether to allow dyed and undyed cloth, so, suggestion.
Messing with hardcoded stuff is playing with fire. And we all know how dwarves react to fire.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile toggles for dyed/undyed cloth
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:30:58 am »

Yes, please! And according to colour to, while we're at it..
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

OneRaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 09:45:43 am »

Color would require something more detailed than the u/j toggles, something in the main stockpile hierarchy, but I won't say that wouldn't be nice to have.
Messing with hardcoded stuff is playing with fire. And we all know how dwarves react to fire.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 07:43:10 am »

is this already planned?

I hope so.. it makes dealing with the dying process a little annoying when you your workers mix the cloths.

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.