Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Catman Civilisation  (Read 703 times)

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Catman Civilisation
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:38:28 pm »

Morning,
 After viewing frogwarrior's Catsplosion mod, I decided that I needed Catmen in my version of DF as a playable civ, something akin to a smarter, smaller version of tigermen.
After a few hours in paint, here is v1.0:
First published mod  ;D

base image reproduced from Mayday graphics set, with permission of author, and thanks to Sphr too
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Awaiting imageshack to send password email and then will put up some pics + screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:54:06 pm by NewoTigra »

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics help?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:26:03 pm »

The graphics_main.txt file is pretty simple if you take a look at it and compare it to the files it points to... Assuming you have a modded one. :D I'll just take a snippet from mine and slip it into a box.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the way, you'll want to replace CIV with the name your new race'll be going by.

There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 02:43:40 pm »

thought it was something like that, thanks!

By the way, anyone know how I can pm MikeMayday?
 I want to try and get his permission to use the recoloured tigers as a base for my new civ gfx.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 04:19:55 pm »

Here's Mike's homepage. http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php  There's a contact section.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catman Civilisation
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:55:28 pm »

bump for updated first post - final version of mod added to DFFD, may modify tomorrow to add more detail / completely overhaul using new base sprite.

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 09:23:47 pm »

bump for updated first post - final version of mod added to DFFD, may modify tomorrow to add more detail / completely overhaul using new base sprite.

By 'more detail' do you mean an actual Entity and Creature file? ;)

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 09:29:48 pm »

Possibly. I may also upload the new version I just made which actually WORKS.
in other news, I now realise what was wrong with a few other graphics things I have, and am going to spend the next hour or so fixing them  :P

UPDATE: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU....
I tried what I thought fixed these graphics on the other broken ones. They still don't work. And I can't remember exactly what I did.
**** it, I'm going to sleep.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 09:47:01 pm by NewoTigra »