Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The TvTropes linking game!  (Read 1574 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
The TvTropes linking game!
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:03:07 pm »

Very simple game, and anyone who's been to TvTropes at all can play. I'll start by giving two sentences.

The next person links as many words as possible to (relevant) TvTropes articles, and then writes at least two more full sentences for the next person. You get one point per relevant link, and three bonus points if what you write for the next person is a conversational continuation of the previous person's post. But, as with Whose Line, the points are about as worthless as the colour of Obama's underwear to Antarctica's defense program.

(try not to be cheapass and give the next person two extremely short sentences. That's just rude.) Okay go!

"Today, I made a forum game on the Dwarf Fortress forums involving TvTropes, with a heavy emphasis on bluetexting. I'm kinda hoping it doesn't ruin anyone's life, or start HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE flame wars or blow my planet up or kill people or something."
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The TvTropes linking game!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:08:36 pm »

TVTropes Will Ruin Your Life Thread

"TVTropes is loose in forum games and is going to kill us all! THIS IS A USELESS SECOND SENTENCE."

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:47:23 pm »

(Fail... by all rights I should just ignore your post... and yet, example-setting dictates that I do not!)

"TVTropes is loose in forum games and is going to kill us all! THIS IS A USELESS SECOND SENTENCE."

Now somebody get their robots or machine guns or something and shoot this guy for not playing the game properly. And for god's sake make it look cool!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:31:53 pm »

Well, that had More Dakka and a mandate for Rule of cool. Dunno about the robots.

We should deploy a strike team composed of the best soldiers of every country, as well. And when it turns out that forum goer had hired mercenaries and the op has a foxtrot uniform, we will just destroy the whole mess with an orbital strike.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 01:14:44 am »

Well, that had More Dakka and a mandate for Rule of cool. Dunno about the robots.

We should deploy a strike team composed of the best soldiers of every country, as well. And when it turns out that forum goer had hired mercenaries and the op has a foxtrot uniform, we will just destroy the whole mess with an orbital strike.

((Charlie Foxtrot, properly))
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 01:16:39 am »

((OK. I'm not really familiar with military terms. Pretty close though))
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig