Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seriously. I don't want megabeast shrimps.  (Read 657 times)

Deandet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seriously. I don't want megabeast shrimps.
« on: October 26, 2009, 12:27:38 pm »

I didn't mod any megashrimp.
I had a bug that replaced every creature that I created with an other creature (angels becoming valkyries, heroes becoming winged giants...). In world gen, angels are angels and heroes are heroes, bu in legends and in-game there is the bug.
Anyone has a solution ?

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously. I don't want megabeast shrimps.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:51:49 pm »

Check for accidental duplicates in the creature raws.  If that doesn't work you should post some or all of the changes you made in a spoiler so people can look 'em over.

edit: Oh, yeah, and be sure to empty the contents of data>objects.  They're created from the raws, but DF doesn't do a good job of making sure old copies don't mess things up.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 12:54:25 pm by nil »

Deandet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 02:23:20 pm »

I remember that I used a minor mod, then forgot that I used it. When I realised my mistake, I looked at the files, destroyed what I didn't need and used the remaining. But the creatures are still there, causing duplicates with the creatures I kept. The strangest thing is that I destroyed all the useless things...

EDIT : Problem solved. I used a separate folder to do the mods, then I copy-pasted everything in a copy of DF, so the new things remained.

EDIT 2 : Problem isn't solved at all. The "Nephilim : Play Now !" thing is right, but instead of "Nephilim of <add civ name here>" there's "Hyperborrean of <add civ name here>". I can't give the raws I modified because I didn't make any archive.
An other strange thing is when I made a hyperborrean adventurer, it told me :
The Shopkeeper is caught in a burst of steam!
The Shopkeeper is caught in a cloud of boiling  bone.
The Shopkeeper falls over.
Mapo Spibsasathrel, Shopkeeper has frozen to death.
It is warm.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:39:42 pm by Deandet »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:54:17 pm »

Archive?  Dude, just copy the files and post them straight here.

Those bugs are probably from faulty logic in the raws, rather than duplication.  And you didn't need to get a whole new copy of DF.  You could have just cleared the data/objects folder - those are the files the game reads for object data.  Raw/objects is just the method through which we modify them.   If you delete something in raw/objects, DF won't delete the data/objects counterpart for you.  You have to do it yourself.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember