Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bliss Stage anyone?  (Read 1832 times)

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Bliss Stage anyone?
« on: October 14, 2009, 07:53:40 am »

So, while I was out a tropping, I hit on the entry for a game called Bliss Stage.

For those who fear the link, the game is about a bunch of teens/preteens trying to save what's left of the world using mecha that are fueled by weaponized love.  Having a strong relationship makes you powerful; loosing that makes FUN happen.

This game interests me, but I know I may never get to use it in either of my RL groups, so before I drop the $ for it, I want to see if there is any kind of interest in this type of RPG.

Of course, due to subject matter (sex is implicit, hyper-violence would be as well in my mind), it would have to be posted on some other forum, a detail which I'll cross when and if it comes up.

Thoughts?

Spoiler: A Timeline (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Things to Decide (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rulez (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pilot Templates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pilot Relationships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Anchor Templates (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:35:22 pm by Eidalac »
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Bliss Stage anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:18:30 am »

TRopes is good. I'm currently reading and I'm interested.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:35:42 am »

Cool.

FYI, if anyone has any issues with the age range (13-17), I'm not averse to bumping it up to the 18-21 range or such, since I can see that some folks can have issues with ages that low.
is he okay?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 01:03:25 pm »

One question: Is it ever implied that in this "bliss-like state" that adults are in, that they are dreaming of being these heroic pre-teen/teens having relationships?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:59:59 pm »

Hrm.

While I don't have the rules, for my purposes the answer would be no, since I'm not a fan of the whole "Ha!  It was all a dream!" shtick.

Otherwise it's technically possible, I think.

EDIT:
Just got the rules, so I'll be looking them over on the weekend.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:29:34 am by Eidalac »
is he okay?

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 09:40:58 am »

Okies, check out the first post for a time-line and a general outline of the rules, as well as a list of some things that need to be decided by the group.

In all, it's a pretty free-form system to play, you really only ever roll dice in dream-scape combat, most everything else is just you doing what you want.

Even in combat, you roll the dice to figure the results, -then- you play the scene, working towards those results; so long as it ends as it should, most any way you take to arrive is workable.
is he okay?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 10:01:55 am »

Huh. I always thought the most popular of RPGs need to have complex dice rolls. I guess that could help if I want to create a "Wars of the Worlds" RPG.

But I can't play. Not only do I not have any time, but I still find the setting a little too creepy for me. Sorry. But good luck anyway.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 08:48:07 am »

Hilarious and disturbing? I'll in. XD
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 12:40:40 pm »

Sevant:  No, not really.  Complicated rolls just make things easier to mess up;  Most systems tend to have more complicated rules, and more stuff to roll for because of that.  These game are more common just because they have defined rules, so anyone can read up and play.

A game like this is more free-form, so is somewhat reliant on all parties being reasonable for it to work.

Also:
Check the first post for info on the pilot and anchor templates;  Anchor names can be changed by anyone who picks that one - there can only be one of each anchor, but its' fine if there are duplicate pilot templates.

Ideally, I'd like people to pick an anchor that is not the main relationship for her pilot, just so you aren't RPing with yourself most of the time.
is he okay?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 01:19:12 pm »

I don't mind controlling Grace and the Seasoned Veteran, unless people have other ideas.

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 07:26:41 am »

Ah, that gives me a great idea!

Since the Seasoned Veteran has to loose 2 of her starting relations, that would make a perfect setup for a flashback/demo RP (and don't feel bound by this as far as your character goes; it'd be nice if it's usable, but I don't want to dictate your own backstory).

Once you have some idea of your character, let me know which 2 relations you are going to have lost and I'll make an anchor and pilot for FUN to happen to!
is he okay?