Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Picture ID game.  (Read 2675 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picture ID game.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 03:14:35 am »

Damn. Nicely done.

What am I slimy for, pray tell?

One to go!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 08:01:48 am »

It just reminds me of forumgoers...
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 01:35:54 pm »

Damn. Nicely done.

What am I slimy for, pray tell?

One to go!

You are a slimy bastard for putting together something so utterly incomprehensible that cheating was the only way to discover the answer, and then somehow expecting people to guess what on Dog's Own Earth it was supposed to be.  My mind, being utterly stumped, took its usual route of finding a different way of finding an answer, which led me to cheat.  Because of you, I have wronged the system yet another time in my life.

You should be ashamed of yourself.  Meanie.

A few tips:
  • Pepper and salt can both be far more accurately portrayed by using a shaker.  Like so:
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    I stuck the hearts in there to serve as an added clue for this particular instance
  • When dealing with characters with few distinguishing characteristics, hats, hair and unique features are all far more easily recognizable than slight changes in coloring (although more difficult and time-consuming to create).  And that flowchart really was quite brutal, I thought it was a family tree that depicted all six living members of a particular family, with two who had either killed themselves or died.
  • Either name your pictures differently or use Tinypic, as it garbles the filename when hosted.  "Pepper.jpg" and "Rex.jpg" are pretty much dead giveaways.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 04:01:09 pm »

Perhaps going for the filename is a legitimate route.

I thought #3 was that one scene in Reservoir Dogs.

None of you can be Mr. Black! Because guys like you would be fighting over who gets to be Mr. Black!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 04:17:19 pm »

Actually, I originally had a picture that used an actual pepper shaker, but I felt that it would be far to obvious. (Hmmm, pepper + song is it Pepper, by the Surfers, or Sgt. Pepper?). And I also knew about the file names. I like to reward alternative thinking.

I'll refine four's hint in that it's a poem.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 [2]