Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extensive kingdom builder games?  (Read 2159 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extensive kingdom builder games?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 01:52:43 pm »

If you want something different, take a look at Knights & Merchants. It's 90% economy, 10% military.
I wanted to suggest this too. It's one of only a couple of games that I finished (I tend to get bored with campaign mode quickly), so I think it's quite good. It's a bit like Settlers, only you can micro your army.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 08:13:10 pm »

If you want something different, take a look at Knights & Merchants. It's 90% economy, 10% military.
I wanted to suggest this too. It's one of only a couple of games that I finished (I tend to get bored with campaign mode quickly), so I think it's quite good. It's a bit like Settlers, only you can micro your army.

Lol, how did you win K&M? Each level takes at least an hour to finish, and if you somehow screw up your production early in the game, you don't realize it until late in the game, and have to restart the whole thing :P It's still fun to lose for some reason, but I stopped playing because I could figure out how to win some of the later levels.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 09:36:36 pm »

It was a long and hard struggle, I'll tell you that. I actually had more problems with fixed forces battles, though it didn't take that much time because they're short missions.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 10:04:55 pm »

Hearts of iron if you feel like something thats a little bit more war, mod it so it end year is 9999 or 99999999
Pages: 1 [2]