Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Magma forges  (Read 1484 times)

durt101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Magma forges
« on: October 10, 2009, 10:55:57 pm »

If I have a non-magma safe anvil, like an iron or steel one, will it melt if I'm using it in a magma forge?

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
Re: Magma forges
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:01:21 pm »

You can only have iron and steel (which is magma safe) anvils. But no, they do not melt, nor does your magma forge have to be from magma safe material. It only has to be from fire-safe material (like stone)

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:45:46 am »

it forces you to use fire safe materials, dont worry what you build it out of, anything that it allows you to make it out of wont melt or cause it to be destroyed if your using it normally (i dont know what happens if the magma is on the same z level as the workshop tho)

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:03:14 am »

It won't allow you to build. You have to be one Z-level above the magma.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 11:18:17 am »

Any magma buildings have to be made with fire-safe materials in the non-magma versions, so that's not a worry.
And iron and steel are magma-safe. If you want evidence, I'll pull up my fort, which has steel bars and iron goblin items laying in magma.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 12:44:33 pm »

I do believe you can also use artifact anvils in a magama forge, no matter what their base material. I seem to recall I had an artifact gold anvil once, although I don't know if that was ever used in a magma forge