Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speed of Melting Task  (Read 450 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Speed of Melting Task
« on: October 10, 2009, 08:12:11 pm »

I'm melting down a bunch of armor at a magma smelter.  Is the speed at which the armor gets melted determined by the dwarf's armorsmithing skill or furnace operating skill?

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speed of Melting Task
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:27 pm »

Furnance operating I beleive.
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:55:22 pm »

yeah, its furnace operating, for every item you melt you get 1/3 of it's component metal back eg:1 platemail requires 3 bars to make, therfore when you melt one down you will only get 1 bar back, the percentages will be stored and added to at any time, eg if you melt down one iron helm in the spring of 321, so long as you dont deconstruct the workshop if in the winter of 467 you then melt down 2 iron helms and a iron platemail, you will recieve 2 iron bars regardless of what you have melted in the meantime.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:35:05 pm »

Actually, it's not 1/3 of the components, but 1/10th of the MATERIAL_SIZE of the item (which gets divided by 3 to determine the number of bars required to make), which works out to 30% of the materials rather than 33.3%.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Psychoceramics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:43 pm »

Actually, it's not 1/3 of the components, but 1/10th of the MATERIAL_SIZE of the item (which gets divided by 3 to determine the number of bars required to make), which works out to 30% of the materials rather than 33.3%.

it varies below with objects below 1 bar to make. you can make pants all day (i think it's pants) and then melt them down for half a bar.