Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Muti forts and how it might be possable.  (Read 577 times)

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
Muti forts and how it might be possable.
« on: December 07, 2007, 11:15:00 pm »

Ok i was... lets say pondering*.... about multi forts the other day and remembered something i read somewhere that you will be able to control a dwarf in your fort. well what if you can only control your expedition leader, mayor, king ect ect, and to be able to control a fort your current leader has to be there.

Ok now there would have to be a few specialty things like messengers if your fort gets attacked, a successor so if you leader dies. i thought i had more, must of forgot. I just thought about trading and i dont know what would be done with that..

Now i would like to see the caravan suggestion go in for moving to and from forts.

This is where the messengers can be used. say your going on a trip to another fort to manage it and it takes 1 season to get there. the messenger comes running(ridding a horse? maybe? hopefully?) down the road to you with the report that your scouts have seen a army coming to your fort and they will be there in 3 seasons so you send him to the other fort to gather more troops for the fight, or if its a small army and you think the fort can handle it you just send him back.

I would think there would have to be settings for your fort when your not managing it like the build X amount of Y when stocks reach Z sort of deal and the Perma plant gathering suggestion would work good too, and seeing as the farms dont fade now you would just leave them. Also there could be a setting in the military screen that lets you set what dwarfs to send out if a messenger comes asking for support while the leader isn't there, or even what units to use as a malita if your troop count get below a certain point.

If you leader dies and there is bad blood between one or more possible successors and the real successor, or just the populace just dont like him/her this could lead to a rebellion.

I coulda sworn there was more but i cant remember.

P.S. * = Sitting on my porcelain throne.

[Edit] Freakin typos i gota start proof reading.

[ December 07, 2007: Message edited by: Zulaf ]

WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14