Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where are the Invasions?!  (Read 495 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Where are the Invasions?!
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:34:26 am »

Okay. Now I'm getting a bit creeped out... I turned off invasions for a while while doing a special fort. I've checked and double checked, and the init file definitely says YES next to invasions. But It's been 2 full years now and no invasions of ANY kind. Not even thieves. Any idea what's happened?

((Also worried this means my OTHER forts won't get invaded either O_O; which would really really really suck.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:37:24 am by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the Invasions?!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 04:45:07 am »

That shouldn't be a problem as I had Invaders turned off on mine while building my last fort and only turned it on after the King showed up. After the first Dwarven caravan, the Kobold and Goblin civs popped up on the civ screen and the first siege showed up not much later. I had a siege ever before rhe Babysnatchers started showing up.

Goblins do have access to your site, correct? If not, they won't ever show regardless of init settings.

DeathOfRats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 04:52:39 am »

Also, are you creating wealth? AFAIK, invaders are more about wealth difference than absolute wealth, so even if you have a very high wealth, they might not come unless you're still raising it.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 05:10:16 am »

Are you sure hostile races have access to your fort?

Strant

• Bay Watcher
  • MagmaMan Carpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 09:30:06 am »

What's your population?  I think Sieges only show up once your population reaches 80.

Are you getting ambushes?  What about thieves?  If not then check you [c]civilization screen.
You mine sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 12:41:15 pm »

I checked, and I'm wondering if it WAS because of production... because thinking back I was more worried about just expanding my fort than making it pretty or building stuff (besides food)...

Of course... if they don't come THIS year, the year I made something like 5 artifacts (I have yet to lose a dwarf over madness due to lack of materials or workshops :3) I think something is definitely wrong. We'll see by the end of this year ehn?
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending