Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spam: Cancels store owned item -- inaccessible  (Read 1774 times)

Gnomechomsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spam: Cancels store owned item -- inaccessible
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:38:08 pm »

Three of my dwarves are spamming me with cancellations of the "store owned item" job...it says the items are inaccessible.  Dwarves are allowed outside, and the dwarves in question are sitting in the meeting hall.  How can I find where these items are so I can forbid them?

Wirewraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spam: Cancels store owned item -- inaccessible
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 05:10:07 pm »

I had a stint where I constantly got this spam too. It appeared for no discernable reason and affected about a dozen Dwarves. I checked that everything was accessible (they could go outside, nothing blocking anything) but it still persisted. After a while it just went away on it's own.

Tis a mystery.

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:11:55 pm »

I too noticed this, but only one child was spamming.  I thought it had something to do with a (carp infested) river on my map.  The carp were pulling fishermen into the river and scattering their inventory (and limbs) all along the riverbed.

Was there a river or pit on your map?  Or anything that an item might fall into and get stuck?
Fefeshnelmargalip

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:36:25 pm »

Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm getting this bug in 40d and might have some additional details.

A single child is spamming me with this message, even while the game is paused.  The child lost both of his parents - his mother was shot by goblins while building the outer wall of my castle, and his father went insane and jumped into the river.  He's an only child, and he and his parents arrived only recently in the latest migrant wave.  Do parents carry around items owned by their children?
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:28:46 am »

I think this has to do with them trying to bury an owned item of someone deceased.  It could be that the item is in water but pathable or behind a locked door/raised bridge.  Either get them access or try to seal off with a wall so they can't path to it.  Not sure which will work or if either will work.