Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Port Gantrickwater (Kagus' Unothrodox RTD)  (Read 2058 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Port Gantrickwater (Kagus' Unothrodox RTD)
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:15:54 pm »

Spoiler: Port Gantrickwater (click to show/hide)

Port Gantrickwater is a very important city. But its regime is dying. Powers, both of the temporal and of the spiritual, takes an interest in the city, but they know that the other Powers would come in.

Each Power has appointed a Special Agent, who is tasked with taking over Port Gantrickwater. In order to do that, the Special Agents must root out the other Special Agents working for the rival Powers.

Your goal is to be the last remaining Special Agent. Do so, and Port Gantrickwater will fall into your grasp.

Note1: This is just a proof of concept, I am not going to actually start this game yet, I'm only posting down how I see the game to be, and hope that somebody else actually runs this RTD.

Note2: If this game actually do get to start, then DO NOT POST if you want to play. No. Posting here is bad. Private Message me if you want to play, as well as what class. Also private message me orders.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:23:16 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Port Gantrickwater (Kagus' Unothrodox RTD)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:19:15 pm »

You start off with one character:
*Demonologist: They can call upon demons to assist in their task. Their weakness is the Priest.
Demonologists need various books and materials, as well as an out-of-the-way location in order to conduct foul rituals and summon demons to aid him.  This could mean just obtaining a service or boon from some infernal lord, or it could be the more standard calling forth of demonic minions.

Due to the rather unsavory nature of his works, a person exposed as a Demonologist would be hunted down by the city guards and shunned by the general populace.  This would provide an incentive for keeping all his works on the down-low so that he doesn't get noticed.  So, given the opportunity to imbue yourself with demonic strength or summon a minor demon to follow you, you may opt for the strength as it is more difficult to notice than a gibbering being tagging along at your side.  Demonologists have a certain amount of talent for keeping themselves hidden, as a necessity of survival.

*Rogues: They are useful in subterfuge. Their weakness is the Demonologist.
The Rogue can steal from the general inhabitants in order to get a little gold or some items to help him, but his greatest ability is his knack for not getting noticed, combined with the movement possibilities opened up by his acrobatic strengths.

He'll need to either sabotage or assassinate his enemies in order to get rid of them, and this can be difficult if they have protection, since the Rogue really isn't that much of a fighter.  He relies on getting the upper hand through surprise and stealth, and perhaps a little trickery.

A very low-profile character, the Rogue needs to keep out of the limelight in order to get his job done.  However, he is very good at blending in with both the crowd and the shadows, and he can get places the others can't (or at least get there faster).  Being a loner, he has no use for followers, and probably wouldn't be able to convince anyone even if he tried.

*The Priest: Demoguages who use religion for their own means. Weakness is Rogue.
A man of the people, the Priest is highly charismatic and is in good standing with the guards.  He is also capable of giving rousing sermons to the populace in order to get them to aid his cause.  He has nothing to fear from the public, and indeed quite a lot to gain.

The Priest is basically a politician.  Preach to people, get a following, collect some gold, and instill a fervor in your faithful in order to get a mob to attack those you proclaim as heretics.  Also, stay close to guards, as they'll be doing their job by protecting you.  That's to your benefit, by the way.

The Priest is very high-profile, as getting noticed is how he gets followers.  Also, sermons cause people to stop what they're doing and gather around to hear what the fuss is about.  Very noticeable.  Don't expect to stay out of sight of your opponents, just expect to have more men than they do.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:42:44 pm »

You start off with your Special Agent character, which you can give orders to. If you get other followers, you can indirectly give them orders, which they may or may not follow. There are 10 types of orders:

*Information - Choose a character and a district to gain information in. You'll find out anything interesting, which may help you find out what the rival Special Agents are doing. If you gain support in a district, your supporters will automatically give you information.

*Misinformation: Choose a character and a district to spread misinformation in. Misinformation is the opposite of information. It is the spreading of fake information, which decreases other Special Agents' knowledge in a certain district. This is helpful if you want to keep your actions hidden.

*Priest Action: Support gathering - These normally require a character and a district. You can only convert those who are unaligned. The more support you have in a district, the more resources you can get from that district, which you can use as currency to aid in your dice rolls.

*Priest Action: Support Attacking - The opposite of support gathering. This converts people back to unaligned status, meaning you can then convert them to your side using "Support Gathering".

*Strengthen Character - These actions improve a character's resolve. The higher the character's resolve, the more effective his actions would be and the less likely he is to defect to another Special Agent or to turn netural.

*Attack Charcter - This is the opposite of strengthen character. It lowers a
characters resolve, if it is successful. This can be done weaken a character's power, or soften up a netural character before you recruit him.

*Recruit - You can attempt to recruit anybody, except of course, the rival Special Agents. The possiblity of them joining depends on their resolve and how persuavive you are.

*Sleaze: Sleaze are just bad facts. Attempting to summon demons, for example, is a bad fact. Another bad fact would be scamming peasents out of their money. Actions that a Special Agent may do may cause Sleaze, which may eventually be found out when somebody does an "Information" action and finds it out. "Sleaze" requires a character, who will alert the City that this evil action was done. By alerting people of this action, you can either Gain Support or Attack Support. If you are not a Priest, this is the only way you can Support Attack (assuming you find out who actually did it) or Support Gather.

Remember, your actions may generate Sleaze too!

*Rogue Action: Crime - You can commit basic crimes such as murder and kidnapping, in order to fuel corruption and thereby steal a little bit of resource.

*Demonologist Action: Consult Demons - You may pay a couple of Resources as tribute to the Demons, in return for a gift, sometimes demons, but usually just a power boost.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:46:34 pm by Servant Corps »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 11:26:02 pm »

_
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 12:39:12 pm »

I'm curious, is this actually going on, and is there room for another soul to join?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 07:08:05 pm »

See, I want someone else to take over. I just came up with a system, and hoped somebody else would do it. If somebody does take the system, I can send you all the character sheet I got.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 07:18:43 pm »

I could probably take it over when my current RTD crashes and burns (read:2 days) but then this one will also crash and burn.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 04:47:35 am »

I really would like to see someone run this. :V
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 06:16:54 am »

GOD I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE RUN THIS.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:48:02 am »

I'd do if certain circumstances like already running a RtD wouldn't burden me.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 12:31:43 pm »

i would, if having no experience running a game is allowed.

(i have all the time in the world.)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 03:32:55 am »

*Foams at mouth*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 10:55:36 am »

It seems everyone who wants to run this is already busy with their own RTD.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:10 am »

I would run it, but I suck at storytelling.