Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moody armorer didn't work?  (Read 520 times)

Cheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Moody armorer didn't work?
« on: October 02, 2009, 08:35:28 pm »

A most peculiar situation just finished being carried out in my fort. A peasant with a slight level of skill in armor-making had a strange mood (Fey, I believe). He immediately took over my Magma Forge and grabbed three aluminum bars. After that he started to work on a surely very valuable suit of armor, as the announcement indicated (also, 'q'-ing the forge showed no more demands). The next thing I heard of him, he had gone berserk. How could this event happen?

Some extra info:
1) He had taken a magma forge, but there was no way for the magma level to fluctuate, since it had been at 7/7 for a while and was 3 levels under the top of the pipe.
2) He had already taken all the needed materials and, apparently, had begun the construction.
3) The only event outside normal operations was a kobold thief flash mob, half a fortress away and 2 z-levels higher.
4) I remember hearing about moody dwarves not using magma versions of the buildings, but in those cases they didn't even claim them, while my peasant did.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody armorer didn't work?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:28:15 pm »

You didn't forbid any metal bars during the time he was working on his artifact or otherwise mess with the stockpile screen, did you?

Cheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody armorer didn't work?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:20:34 pm »

That's probably it, then. I forbid a bar of aluminum without checking where it was.

I will always remember you, first berserk dwarf.  :'(