Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which small mafia setup would you most like to play?

Lyncher w/ Mafia
- 1 (12.5%)
Lyncher w/o Mafia
- 0 (0%)
Dethy
- 6 (75%)
Other (please specify on thread)
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Small Mafia Game - Any Interest?  (Read 3005 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Small Mafia Game - Any Interest?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 11:21:39 am »

Would you prefer a setup where the lyncher becomes town when the lynchee is nightkilled?
Yes.
There's only 1/3 chance to kill the target.  Scum can either choose to claim lyncher or townie.  But we have to remember that lynchee DOESNT flip lynchee so they don't really know if lyncher can still win... They're all going to be second guessing the other guy.

lyncher can even gambyt on saying that he was lyncher to a dead player and vote his real target.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 11:28:07 am »

Ah yes, that sounds good then.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 04:11:29 pm »

Well, the cops only get 2 nights of investigations before they lose (after 3 nights there will be just one cop and one mafia left, obviously a lost game).  So the cops will have to work it out from 7 results, 2 of which are going to be bogus.  Plus, no roleflips, of course, unless the person killed is scum.

I did come up with an idea for "Super Dethy", a 12 player game with 4 cops (one paranoid, one insane, one naive, one normal), 4 doctors (one normal, one useless, one CPR, one who always kills his patient) and 4 roleblockers (one normal, one useless, one who'll only block mafia, one who'll only block town players).  Any 3 of these players could be scum.  Of course, you'd only be told whether you're a cop, a doc or an RB, and not what kind you are.  The flavour text would also be sure not to tell a cop if the person has already been killed (so, let's say a doctor finds his patient dead next morning, he won't know if he's a CPR, or if he's the Secret Vig, or if a CPR arrived after he'd cured someone from a previous kill etc).  This game, however, seems a bit too crazy.

CRAZY ON TOP OF CRAZY!

Remove the docs and leave in the the RBs and make it 9 players with one mafia.  It'll make the game run for more days but since there's almost no talking in the day games (only telling your results) it'll end sooner than the average game.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 05:08:03 pm »

Well, the cops only get 2 nights of investigations before they lose (after 3 nights there will be just one cop and one mafia left, obviously a lost game).  So the cops will have to work it out from 7 results, 2 of which are going to be bogus.  Plus, no roleflips, of course, unless the person killed is scum.

I did come up with an idea for "Super Dethy", a 12 player game with 4 cops (one paranoid, one insane, one naive, one normal), 4 doctors (one normal, one useless, one CPR, one who always kills his patient) and 4 roleblockers (one normal, one useless, one who'll only block mafia, one who'll only block town players).  Any 3 of these players could be scum.  Of course, you'd only be told whether you're a cop, a doc or an RB, and not what kind you are.  The flavour text would also be sure not to tell a cop if the person has already been killed (so, let's say a doctor finds his patient dead next morning, he won't know if he's a CPR, or if he's the Secret Vig, or if a CPR arrived after he'd cured someone from a previous kill etc).  This game, however, seems a bit too crazy.

CRAZY ON TOP OF CRAZY!

Remove the docs and leave in the the RBs and make it 9 players with one mafia.  It'll make the game run for more days but since there's almost no talking in the day games (only telling your results) it'll end sooner than the average game.
Mafia should No Kill first Day... :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 11:20:29 am »

Why?  I mean, I know there's a chance of RB, but that wouldn't be too bad...

Maybe.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 05:35:09 pm »

Why?  I mean, I know there's a chance of RB, but that wouldn't be too bad...

Maybe.
You'll learn a lot more by doing so.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 05:42:52 pm »

Plus all the roleblockers would go insane over who roleblocked the mafia member :P.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 06:00:42 pm »

Plus all the roleblockers would go insane over who roleblocked the mafia member :P.
But, you'll need to watch out. If I were smart, I'd say everyone claim there action. Just look for the extra investigation or block. Then go from there. You'd need two mafia in order to have a chance.
Pages: 1 [2]