Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dumping problems  (Read 318 times)

Sobric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dumping problems
« on: October 01, 2009, 07:20:16 am »

First off, this isn't the usual dumping problems that I see most people encounter with a quick search.

My issue is that the area-select dumping designation (d-b-d I believe it's supposed to be) does not exist, along with the entire d-b submenu listed here.

I'm hoping that I can just add them to the interface.txt file (below), but I'm not sure of the commands or whether that will cause my game to explode.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can imagine, it can get pretty tiresome having to manually select an entire room's worth of rock for hauling, one by one by one by one by one by one...

EDIT: I'm using version 40d.

(NB: This problem also applies for the "Find Site" option when choosing a location to embark. While that is less of an annoyance, if one solution fixes both problems then great!).

Massive thank yous to any who can help!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 07:24:04 am by Sobric »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dumping problems
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:52:25 am »

Does not exist ??? i am using 40d (nothing behind) as well and its working perfectly did you consider redownloading it? Your download might have been incomplete or something.

Sobric

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dumping problems
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 08:11:57 am »

I think I've sorted it. Re-downloaded and used a different gfx pack. I think I used an out of date pack that changed the interface.txt file. So hmmm. Problem solved.

You wouldn't even know those menus were missing unless you knew they existed in the first place.