Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Steam  (Read 3238 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 10:38:11 am »

That said, since the last patch to the client, I have trouble connecting with it, so I can't even activate the offline mode D: .

If I recalled correctly, impulse didn't need the validation online to enable offline mode (which I always felt was stupid) but yes steam does support this if you set the option. Although It can reset itself off again if you do things like put in new ram or the like (which is annoying but not a major problem).
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 10:48:37 am »

I don't see what the problem with steam is. It's cheaper for the publisher, more convenient for the consumer, and it has a large variety of games, including many games not found in most stores.

I've never had any problems with steam not functioning, or had any other problems with it. Though I did only get steam this summer.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:21:22 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 12:09:08 pm »

I don't see what the problem with steam is. It's cheaper for the publisher, more convenient for the consumer, and it has a large variety of games, including many games not found in most stores.
Technical issues bug people. Understandable.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 09:32:55 pm »

My problem is with games that are Steam-only, since it makes it an awful hassle for people who have slow or non-existent internet connections to play them.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]