Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My variation on the flood trap  (Read 1205 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My variation on the flood trap
« on: September 25, 2009, 11:52:35 pm »

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii220/gamegreen/AquaticDefenseSystem.png?t=1253939891

Discuss.

EDIT: Um, the area by Floodgate B2 should have either a bait animal or a long and twisting entrance to the fortress.

They do in my original notes, which I will scan and upload to Photobucket as soon as possible.

EDIT 2: Also in my notes I had a variation with the pressure plate directly in front of the floodgates on the reservoir, which I think is much cooler but I am not sure if that would work.

EDIT 3: The more I think about it, the more I like the pressure plate in front of the floodgate idea.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:07:33 am by gamegreen33 »
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
Re: My variation on the flood trap
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 12:10:47 am »

Replace "aquatic" with "magma" and you have an interesting idea here.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 12:13:55 am »

I like the way you think, but using this with caves (filled with water, obviously) also takes care of the little mother fuckers in there (sometimes).

EDIT 2: Also, magma is much more deadly to dwarves, and it is both harder to find and harder to fill a reservoir with.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:53:29 pm by gamegreen33 »
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 03:45:42 pm »

I don't mean to sound rude but this is a very basic and frequently seen flood-trap.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 04:15:50 am »

Pretty average but still a feat of dwarvern ingenuity.

-now all that remains is to expose the chamber to the polar air to freeze them, then tapdance on their frosty skulls!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.