Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gusilbomrek (my first log-fortress)  (Read 777 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Gusilbomrek (my first log-fortress)
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:41:49 am »

Having read all of these great stories(Nist Akath, Olonkulet), I felt the need to make my own. However, I have no experience in these things(Or even getting a fortress past the first few years without forgetting about it with the intention of coming back to it later but never quite finishing...), so I will be starting a fortress-log of my most recent, for writing practice and encouragement to keep playing.

If things go well, I may even let people request characters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The writings of Zulban Tosidbubnus, Peasant and Expedition Leader, 28th Granite, 201, Mid-Spring:

It has been quite hectic since out arrival just a few weeks ago, and I haven't been able to write anything down until now. The miners immediately set to work carving an entryway into the mountain face, while the rest of us went scouting the nearby area. The miners are nearly done carving a massive shaft down into the depths, and across to the soil we saw earlier. Hopefully this will give our growers protection from any wildlife, especially from the chasm right next to our little settlement. Oddly, most of it has a natural roof. We heard that there were signs of magma in the nearby area, but none of out scouting attempts could find it. Maybe it is sealed like most of the chasm? I have taken up the axe as a woodcutter, but considering the distance to the nearest trees, and that we brought plenty of wood from earlier in out travels, I don't think I will take any risks to increase our woos supplies. Everyone has been quite busy removing the rock the miners dug out, and carrying some of our food into the small storage room that has been dug out. I gave the positions of Manager, Broker and Bookkeeper to Rovod Rėrithled, a fellow peasant. I must get back to work, everybody is very busy with moving the food.
Eh?
Eh!