Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Forbid orders do not cover goods from killed merchants  (Read 598 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
[40d] Forbid orders do not cover goods from killed merchants
« on: September 25, 2009, 03:25:44 am »

(Searched forum, buglist, found nothing on merchants and forbid 'cept the trade depot thing) I don't know which should (presumably 'forbid other death items') but they're all on, a pack animal got killed by gob seige, and peasants went running for the (unforbidden) items.

Unrelatedly, picks forbid if they get blooded/goo'd from being used as weapons, though I'm not sure which autoforbid setting triggers this. (The miners continue using the picks anyway.)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Forbid orders do not cover goods from killed merchants
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 03:39:21 am »

Unrelatedly, picks forbid if they get blooded/goo'd from being used as weapons, though I'm not sure which autoforbid setting triggers this. (The miners continue using the picks anyway.)

Just speculation, but maybe they were stuck in a goblin at the moment of death?  I think that would cause them to be counted as part of the goblin's inventory, and therefore get forbidden with the rest of its inventory when it dies.  Not sure whether that's expected behavior or not.  If the dwarves kept the picks, they probably never let go of them even while they were stuck in the goblin, in which case they probably shouldn't have been forbidden.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:41:01 am by Footkerchief »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Forbid orders do not cover goods from killed merchants
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:46:37 am »

I said unrelatedly-(I encounter w/fire imps most often)- I ne'er really catch it happening, so I'm not sure, but it's plausible.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets