Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode suggestion thread  (Read 839 times)

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
Adventure mode suggestion thread
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:16:25 pm »

I know that relationships will exist in adventure mode soon(I think that's not so soon), but my idea is about start relationships with the animals, monsters, and other critters that you find, like befriend them, taking them as pets and some things like this, so you can add monsters to your party.
Other Idea is to buy or rent houses for adventurer, have a job or start your own bussiness(I know that the DF mode jobs will be on the adventure mode too), or some other ideas regarding the town, like candidate to elections as town mayor.
feel free to put your critcs and suggestions

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode suggestion thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 02:18:04 am »

The "monster pets" is much more likely for elves or gobbos, but Humans should be able to have mounts, Dwarves should be able to have war dogs, parties in general need pack mules and other such things.

I also want deeper interactions between you and members of your party, but that's probably in the future. Or deeper interactions with people in general.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 05:43:04 am »

Odd, when you talk with your party members they don't recognize you...

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:20:28 pm »

I woulg like the ability to talk to your deitie
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 01:33:35 pm »

Though once the deeper interaction with your party members happens I also want your party to be more autonomous.

For example I'd love for them, after getting a cut of the loot, for them to buy their own things or ask you, or tell you, to take certain missions because it personally involves them.

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:52:06 pm »

I think it would be cool to have a way to mod in a Story Mode. That is, a pre-determined path with triggers and pre-genned NPCs and party members VS particular monsters and visiting pre-determined and pre-made locations.

Don't get me wrong - I want an evolving Adventurer mode with its own flavor, but you could make sub-games with clever modding, which could be neat.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 06:17:45 pm »

You mean like Morrowind, with modular quests?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 06:38:14 pm »

Adventurer mode skills.

/post

I don't know how modded, pre set questlines could be done in DF due to worldgen and whatnot, and I'd rather watch worldgen create interesting stories by itself (as it already does, but lacking an actual plot and significant relationships, see Cacame, Egnun, crazy legendary merchant, etc). It'd be interesting to have that option though.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 06:44:44 pm »

I can't agree with you enough. In fact, I don't want my adventurer to have any real impact on the world at large, if I don't want her to. I want to be able to migrate to a dwarf fortress and work as a soldier or a miner. I want to be able to play as a cook in a human keep. I want to be able to build a hunting lodge with my bare hands and live out in the frozen wastes, hunting wolves for food.

Although the cook thing actually sound pretty boring,

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 06:57:15 pm »

Yea, I sorta already planned to make a trip to a tundra, cut some trees down, make me a shack, carve me a bow and some arrows, and hunt some animals for food and clothing. What I really want though is for the DF world to be interesting by itself, for war, civs and relationships to live on, evolving while I play, I want Urist Dukeperson to plot against his kingdom and try to take the crown, I want demons to have apocaliptic and megalomaniac goals, I want wizards to exploit magic to such an extent that they can destroy or create new worlds, I want weird cults and factions to rise up and offer jobs and quests, I want armies to travel around to meet their enemies, etc. I want all of this, just so I can forge me an artifact weapon, get me some armor, and cause them to explode in gore, or fall in magma, or be eaten by GCS, whatever comes first.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 07:05:32 pm »

Which is why I'd like to see adventurer skills get a proper treatment, such as establishing a real workshop, hiring and training apprentices, subskills (for baking, perhaps you have mastered one type of dish or cooking style, but you'd still be a novice in other regards), proper tools, the ability to invent new techniques (or dishes or uses of ingredients), etc.  The only skill I really want implemented before then is the new health care, which is pretty fleshed out anyway.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 01:45:45 am »

Which is why I'd like to see adventurer skills get a proper treatment, such as establishing a real workshop, hiring and training apprentices, subskills (for baking, perhaps you have mastered one type of dish or cooking style, but you'd still be a novice in other regards), proper tools, the ability to invent new techniques (or dishes or uses of ingredients), etc.  The only skill I really want implemented before then is the new health care, which is pretty fleshed out anyway.

would be fun to select spices and ingreddients to my meal
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:48:42 am by wilsonns »

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 10:07:13 am »

I would also like to be able to build a magma aquaduct into the mountainhome
then start a smithing company and supply the entire orcish army with masterwork adamantine armor and weapons and conquer the world
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 08:38:05 am »

And I'd like to see any new techniques invented used in fortress mode. Just so I can finally get my dwarves eating fried rat.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.