Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SCP RTD  (Read 3519 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP RTD
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 12:23:13 am »

Aww, you switched it.  I wanted to try out SCP-076-2.

I'll still join up, though.

Also, I have now found something more addicting than wikipedia, but less so than TV tropes.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 12:30:20 am »

once i get four people i'l make a new thread and start.

If there isn't that much competition, i may make a character myself.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 12:35:12 am »

Its called sprinting. And technically, since i have complete control over mostly every thing, give a solution.

So you'll just implement arbitrary rules to make up for the lack of a decent objective?

Count me out.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 12:37:01 am »

theres a pool. there is also a toaster. evil thing coming through pool. throw toaster into water.

Or, you know, not writing it in.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 01:12:01 am »

Why does there need to be a 'decent' objective? We are a bunch of people working for an organisation that conceals and controls fantastic phenomena. We will probably spend most of the time running away from cosmic horrors. But we have a great deal of research available on cosmic horrors and access to many basically cooperative cosmic horrors so we are not quite completely doomed...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 01:20:14 am »

So wait, we're the people, not the phenomenon?

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:50 am »

Word to the wise Realm-people don't like to be boxed into artificial situations. Most of us play RTD's because they are relatively open ended.

There should no such thing as "game breaking" in an RTD. You have to roll with whatever your players can think of, not act like a angry kid who smashes his toy soldiers when they don't play right.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 06:31:03 am »

On the other hand, some RTDs don't accept "I attempt to become god" and are better for it...

If the characters all have a fairly similar power level it makes it much easier to maintain an interesting setting.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 08:45:58 am »

In order for this to work i either have to have a situation like that, or not bring him in at all. One thing i think i'll do is when you go into another room, you can meet a new SCP. For instance, you hear a sound in the next room, and you check it out. thankfully, its only a statue. You turn for a second, and when you look at the statue again, its changed positions. You run like hell.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 10:32:55 am »

I'll join.(and hope we do not encounter navi...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 12:07:35 pm »

if no one want to play the last character by 3:30 ( 3 hours from now) i'll be the last one.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 06:56:17 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]