Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wounded Dwarf  (Read 769 times)

Dotto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wounded Dwarf
« on: October 10, 2009, 10:23:56 pm »

One of my dwarves is with the right lung wounded (red) and still keeps on duty. I expect he would go to the barracks to get medical help. I see the tile screaming in pain (blinking a red tile, something like that), moving slowly but he refuses to get help. Is this a bug, is he not yet wounded enough or is he just a brave dwarf? Thanks.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wounded Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 10:29:16 pm »

is there a spare bed? does he move towards rest but keep passing out? still have his legs?

Dotto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 10:43:30 pm »

He is only wounded in the lung. I do have a spare bed, but didnīt see him passing out.

Dotto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 11:01:03 pm »

Yes, he keeps passing out. And the lung is the left, not that it mattters.

Razoric480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Iced Fire Studio
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 11:02:16 pm »

Make sure Healthcare is enabled on some dwarves. Otherwise, it could very well be that he's being a proud dwarf and failing. He might just reach a bed eventually, whereupon he can rest.

The Navigator

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 11:46:49 pm »

I don't believe that lung wounds will prompt dwarves to rest. Not that it would help anyways, that thing ain't gonna heal. Fortunately they're not that bad... if you're not getting spammed with Urist McWounded cancels so and so then that means he's not passing out, and the only downside should be that he'll move a bit slower and be out of breath. Oh, and not train.

One of my child dwarves got ambushed and survived with a red right lung. She then went on to live for another 20 something years with her injury and become a legendary metalcrafter with 4 kids.

Edit: When you check his health status, does it say "pain" or "extreme pain?"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 11:50:13 pm by The Navigator »

Dotto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 12:21:38 am »

Not anymore, but sometimes he stoppes walking and looking with [v]-[w] says he is uncouscious. Also my broker is in bed for a quite long time and he has a brown lower spine injury. The Human Guild representative is there, wainting for him to wake up. Does this mean he will never wake up again?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 08:47:02 pm by Dotto »