Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: is mainstream PC gaming dead?  (Read 2629 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: is mainstream PC gaming dead?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 12:38:39 pm »

Which of course the only person we have to blame for it is ourselves.

We will buy a game that looks good but has questionable gameplay much more often then a game with decent graphics and amazing gameplay.

Why? because we have ingrained in our heads that great graphics is a sign of great quality. This is only partially true (Ack have to cut off here. Sorry I cannot complete the thought)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 12:45:59 pm »

Games are marketed through their graphics. It's hard to evaluate them otherwise.

(Personally, after some bad experiences, I havent bought any game except from the bargain bin for some years now. )
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 01:53:45 pm »

Yeah it is true that there are plenty of bad graphics bad games.

Just check the Wii, it is the Shovelware console.
-Nintendo is also being stupid and is marketing their DS as a Child's product again. Honestly I want to smack them and say "Have you learned nothing from the N64?"

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 02:21:44 pm »

Yeah it is true that there are plenty of bad graphics bad games.

Just check the Wii, it is the Shovelware console.
-Nintendo is also being stupid and is marketing their DS as a Child's product again. Honestly I want to smack them and say "Have you learned nothing from the N64?"

^
This, totally.
You know, i'd take my hat off to nintendo if they actualy made better quality games compared to Sony and Microsoft, but it really has got outta hand. Now we see stuff like The Conduit hitting the Wii's shelves, and the Wiimote plus, which basically fixes something nintendo should've fixed before they released the Wii entirely. It seems that since the middle of the N64 era, nintendo has been supporting itself solely on its trademark stuff without actually doing anything new, i'm not saying i didn't like the zeldas, Smash Bothers and 12123th pokemon release, but hell, its nothing like the revolution they promissed.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:27:52 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 02:28:40 pm »

One of Nintendo's problems is that they do somewhat poorly in supporting everyone else and end up marketing their systems, intentionally or unintentionally, according to the games they make and not to what everyone else makes in a way forcing the market to adjust to Nintendo style.

There is a reason why people thought Eternal Darkness was odd.
Pages: 1 2 [3]