Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [interface][trade] preset buying list  (Read 548 times)

Momaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[interface][trade] preset buying list
« on: September 14, 2009, 12:57:04 pm »

It's irritating having to individually select the same items year after year after year when the caravans arrive.

Suggestion: trade preset lists

At the trade depot, you can choose a "Presets" option. This takes you to a tree of classes and items identical to the interface for setting up stockpiles, where you enable and disable classes of items, types of items, and quality levels. You can then save your choices.  When merchants arrive and unload their wares, you choose "Trade" as normal. One option will be to "Use Preset".  This will automatically select for buying any items owned by the mercants that match the list of preset items which you want.

So if your preset includes all types of metal bars and nothing else, "Use Preset" instantly selects all metal bars.  You could use the Presets to automatically buy fish but not meat, steel armor but not iron armor, or only empty bins.   Whatever it is you keep buying year after year and get sick of selecting.

After you choose "Use Preset", you still have to choose which items to sell as per normal.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Re: [interface][trade] preset buying list
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:03:15 pm »

Sounds good. Have presets for both buying and selling and I'm sold.
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:17:07 pm »

It would be nice to be able to set a continual import agreement as well.
I always request the same stuff year after year.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:31:52 pm »

It would be nice to be able to set a continual import agreement as well.
I always request the same stuff year after year.

This. Also, possibly have greater requests then just 200%. I wouldn't mind paying even 300% per item if it meant I got 50% more of what I requested from the liason. It seems caravans never bring enough stuff I need, yet I always have too much crafts can practically give them away anyway.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.