Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Police officers and guitars  (Read 1072 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Police officers and guitars
« on: September 12, 2009, 11:11:31 am »

I think there is a bug with the way guitar playing is handled when playing to police officers. When the officer has been liberalized, those members of the squad who haven't played to him yet will attack the officer with their guitars, turning a valiant raid into a miserable rampage. I haven't seen "accidental" hits with guitars occurring against any other characters.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Police officers and guitars
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »

I think this bug is known to the coders - then again, it's strange it hasn't been fixed yet. Might be a tricky one. Or there's been a consensus about something regarding this that I've missed.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 02:26:27 pm »

I fixed the bug where liberal police officers attacked you awhile back, but the method I used addressed the problem in an incomplete manner, and still let you attack them. It's an easy fix though, so I'll take care of it.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 03:23:39 pm »

Uh, did you fix the one where them being turned liberal by CEOs, judges or similar would have the same effect? I once turned a police officer with some kind of high ranking ex-Conservative, and he still shot at my guy.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 03:38:34 pm »

Right now (err, as of next release, that is), the logic is simply that a police officer has to be conservative or moderate to attack, and conservative or moderate to be an enemy (and therefore a potential non-accidental target in combat).