Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zoom to site of death  (Read 622 times)

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zoom to site of death
« on: September 11, 2009, 11:51:58 pm »

Would be nice if when you click a corpse in the 'u' menu (whatever that corresponds to in game) and click zoom on a corpse, it'd take you to where they died.  Nothing irks me more than seeing "such and such bled to death" or suffocated or what have you and having no idea where they died, much less what actually killed them. 

Or if the reason this isn't already in is "how can a dead person tell you where they are?" then, first, I question how we can zoom in on animals and wildlife if that's the case; second, just have it able to zoom to corpses that died within sight of someone. 

What spurred this topic was a cat randomly dying.  Well I just noticed them hauling the corpse to the grave yard so I assumed it died in the base some where.  Found that it died on top of my loom, or that's where the blood trail stops (or begins).  No idea how it could've possibly died there though; couldn't have even fallen and no berserk dwarves in sight, much less enemies. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:58:15 pm by Shiv »
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zoom to site of death
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:23:42 am »

Seconded.  I'd also appreciate the game pausing when a dwarf dies.  I'm already unpausing twenty trillion times because we struck microcline or the tunnel is damp.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:44:13 am »

Both suggestions are planned.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 05:19:35 am »

Both suggestions are planned.

And already implemented for the next version.  Read about it here: http://bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_now.html#2009-02-21

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 08:59:15 am »

As an interim measure, unless you have a LOT of dead bodies, you can use the <z> -> Stocks menu, go to Corpses(it's on the last page, so just go Up a few times), and Tab it open; highlight to the corpse you're interested in, and <z>oom to it.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 06:18:56 pm »

As an interim measure, unless you have a LOT of dead bodies, you can use the <z> -> Stocks menu, go to Corpses(it's on the last page, so just go Up a few times), and Tab it open; highlight to the corpse you're interested in, and <z>oom to it.

Most recent at the bottom.