Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The forum game critique game  (Read 756 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
The forum game critique game
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:43:17 pm »

Here's the rules: You must link to a forum game on this board. You must say something it did well and something you thought could be improved upon. Not one or the other: both. If you can't do that then talk about a different forum game.

You also have to play a role - the easiest one to play, that of yourself as a real person!

The Expedition is kinda running down for lack of people posting actions. I suspect it's because people don't feel like reading the whole thing.

I chose to have one character and everyone plays him rather than multiple characters. I figured that way we would suffer zero interruption from a player who lost interest, no waiting lists, etc.

But that meant nobody felt much connection to the game, having invested little.

I learned that keeping a map updated is important, but I also tried to keep the Inventory on every page of the thread to keep everyone updated on that too.

So, what do you guys like / hate about Expedition? Or any other forum game here?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: The forum game critique game
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:25:40 pm »

The Expedition was an excellent game. It was filled with exciting things and new discoveries.
Then, as it wore on, it started to get confusing. Right now, we have four floors, dozens of rooms, and absolutely no idea what to do. It's just too complex for our mortal ken.

Next time, I would suggest maybe crossing out "finished" rooms on the map, circling unexplored rooms, and having direct puzzles, like the brass moon key puzzle. Those are interesting.
Maybe combat, too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The forum game critique game
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 07:28:47 pm »

The only thing I dislike about Galactic Expansion is that Criptfeind does not update for weeks.