Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: does the police love me or something?  (Read 1367 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
does the police love me or something?
« on: September 03, 2009, 12:38:38 pm »

i cant do anything illegal without them coming to raid me,fortunatley i have a police sleeper.Is there any way to make them stop raiding me?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: does the police love me or something?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:39:41 pm »

Just dodge all your dudes when the raid warning comes.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 12:41:30 pm »

for me the policy is to get out before they raid.

i cant even interrogate a guy without them coming to me.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:42:52 pm »

Weird, my kidnappings raise almost no heat at all.  I've brainwashed 137 conservatives in my downtown apartment without a single raid on it (except when the Murderous Agent Squad came over for a visit).

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 01:10:22 pm »

could it have something to do with the fact that i kidnap the guys with my original guys who have butchered the bouncer more than 50 times?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 01:14:38 pm »

Ah, 50 counts of murder, for 6 people?

That should bring in quite a bit of heat...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:15:25 pm »

That's it in a nutshell. The only solution is to turn them in and beat the justice system. Hope you have a sleeper lawyer and judge by now. If not, keep the hot guys bouncing between two safehouses and the person converting a judge/lawyer in the third. Shouldn't be too difficult, though: I've gotten off with 97 counts of murder and 223 counts of assault on a single person.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 01:21:45 pm »

4 judges and a good lawyer(or lots of money)...  To ensure that they all make it back.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:41 pm »

Yeah, and if you have the funds going spare (I know I do, but that's because I've acquired such huge amounts of money from brownie selling that I'm unlikely to ever spend it) you could even use an Ace Liberal Lawyer.  Or get them to defend themselves if they're good enough at law and persuasion (I think).

Incidentally, is it just me or does sleeping with the judge/ a member of the jury/ the opposing lawyer somehow seem like it could be a part of the game?

Peepshow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 12:27:43 pm »

4 judges and a good lawyer(or lots of money)...  To ensure that they all make it back.

Only if you turn your self in early. You can only get away with so many counts of murder even with the Ace Liberal Lawyer.

Incidentally, is it just me or does sleeping with the judge/ a member of the jury/ the opposing lawyer somehow seem like it could be a part of the game?

I could see that working. Having them act as a one time sleeper/liberal activist. With them being against you if you fail. It would be great if you could tamper/threaten the jury as well.

Vagel, what I find works is that you have your hackers/writers in one safehouse, your brownie sellers/activists etc in another and have your raid team jump between a few rented places every few weeks with another set aside for hostages. That's pretty much all you can do. If I remember right a rented place gains heat slower or something like that.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 02:01:25 am »

Only if you turn your self in early. You can only get away with so many counts of murder even with the Ace Liberal Lawyer.

However, if you defend yourself with good Persuasion/Law, you can handily get away with even 100 counts of murder. Did it myself!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 08:12:05 am »

However, if you defend yourself with good Persuasion/Law, you can handily get away with even 100 counts of murder. Did it myself!

Actually, if you defend yourself with good Rifle/Dodge, you can handily get away with even 2000 counts of murder. Did it myself!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:14:41 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 12:11:49 pm »

Apperantly the math has been done. Even in the worst case scenario the Paid Lawyer is better.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 12:42:46 pm »

IIRC, the breakdown is that the Ace Attorney can guarantee a more sympathetic jury, which is especially important when the social climate is closer to C+. However, they're not necessarily going to be better in arguing the case than Liberals at the ridiculous end of the Heart/Charisma/Intelligence/Persuasion/Law spectrum. Additionally, there's the risk of the arch-rival intervening on behalf of the prosecution.