Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: addind new armor  (Read 609 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
addind new armor
« on: August 25, 2009, 05:15:36 am »

after my nth adventurer got killed by a neck bite, it came to me that in need a gorget http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorget but how do it get my dwarfs to where them on the neck?
 i tryed useing to set as
[ITEM_NECK:ITEM_NECK_GORGET]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: addind new armor
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:30:28 pm »

in works king but i cant have one and use a helm it
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:45:19 pm »

Can you make it a helmet and gorget combo.  Then you would have protection for the neck and the head.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 04:07:01 am »

You'll have to make it a helm. If I'm not mistaken, you need to add a LBSTEP token. Check the armor tokens page on the wiki. There should be one that allows you to make it cover things lower down than the body part it is worn on. High boots, for example, cover the lower leg, and low boots only cover the feet (I think).

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 09:03:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure that if you use LBSTEP to provide neck protection to critters wearing it, it will still protect the actual head, which is a little odd for a gorget, however, I think this can be counteracted by setting neck bodypart to have the [HEAD] attribute and adjusting the other head armors to have an appropriate UPSTEP value so that the head will still be covered. since the head contains the brain, critters will be die upon decapitation, but removing the neck will also work to this goal, since if the lowerbody, upperbody, or head parts take critical damage, the creature will automatically die. Another thing to keep in mind is that a creature can wear one armor from each armor level in DF mode, so if you have a -cat leather coif- (armor level 1), a +copper gorget+ (armor level 2), and a -steel greathelm- (armor level 3), you can have a dwarf wear all three at once (this goes for all body parts). The prerequisites for this to work are that you adjust [LAYER_SIZE] and [LAYER_PERMIT] to make sure there is enough space on a given body part  for all three to be equiped at once. Also, keep in mind that only one item with the [SHAPED] token can be worn per item type. hope that hopes, my memory might not be perfect, it's been a while since I have been modding DF.

A sample:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

of course, if you want these to cover the neck, I'd think you'd have to add LBSTEP 1 ore something.