Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Weaponsmith Noble, anyone?  (Read 2034 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weaponsmith Noble, anyone?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 12:47:32 pm »

I thought the difference between good ore and bad ore was the quantities of various impurities in the ore, making it so that traditional impurity removing techniques wouldnt remove them all and some would stay into forging?

Yes but Folding's method of removing impurities couldn't be replicated by anything short of a blast furnace.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 01:33:21 pm »

Ah, which is why we currently rarely define between good and bad ore, because we have blast furnaces enough to never have to bother with bad ore. Cheers.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 02:15:10 pm »

Ah, which is why we currently rarely define between good and bad ore, because we have blast furnaces enough to never have to bother with bad ore. Cheers.

That in itself is almost an A+ argument for putting qualities on ore deposites (maybe only 90 to 110%?)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 02:31:05 pm »

Maybe only top notch ore gets used by dwarves. The rest is just marked as the surrounding rock and the dwarves don't even consider it a possibility for smelting.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 2 [3]