Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carpman  (Read 2046 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Carpman
« on: November 10, 2009, 11:30:32 am »

Comments? Ideas? condemnation?  ;D

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the betacarp, i'm thus asking for refinements/ideas people might have, comments on the nature and/or behavior of the Carpman.

Info

The Carpman is a humanoid version of a carp, while being smaller than most humans/dwarfs, they are a formidible beast. They surprisingly came about due to the unsightly relationship of Urist and a river carp.
They have evolved a weak poison, which allows them to incapacitate larger predators and survive outside the water, however the Carpman still favors staying close to rivers with its less evolved brethren.
The Carpman is a carnivorous animal, and is known to enjoy the taste of dwarf meat.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Carpman
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:43:54 am »

Arrgh! Carpmen? What have you done!?!

Terror aside, shouldn't this thread be here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:07:25 pm »

GOOD LORD MAN! YOU HAVE DOOMED US ALL!
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 04:56:53 pm »

Sounds like a Dwarf Fortress superhero.

TO THE CARPMOBILE!
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:56:47 pm »

That's not as scary as this one monster me and a few others thought of in a long dead thread. It was a skeletal hippocarpdragoneagle. I think we added some more stuff, but I don't remember them all.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:38:51 pm »

That's not as scary as this one monster me and a few others thought of in a long dead thread. It was a skeletal hippocarpdragoneagle. I think we added some more stuff, but I don't remember them all.

This is nor for the faint of heart. This creature has been created before. Thankfully, it was managed to be contained in a single vault under 4 z-layers of magma. We caught the perpetrator and he is no longer with us. The creature has been kept there for years. We feed it raw elf once a year.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.