Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Major river, magma pipe, bauxite & iron  (Read 901 times)

TheIncredibleChris

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Major river, magma pipe, bauxite & iron
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:13:08 am »

Sound too good to be true?

Guess there was a reason I made a BATch of large maps. Take a gander:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

World gen:

Reveal'd the whole map prior to starting (I've got sick of embarking on maps with very little ore), so if you want a rough gist

The map starts out frozen with you embarking in the middle of the river :o and it has 2 layers of aquifer. Although I suppose aquifer on a freezable map isn't so bad...

Anywho, after worldgen has crapped on me so many times with useless maps, it's nice to find a site that I'm happy with. Hopefully the river won't melt too soon Scratch that, it melts within a month. Grower, seeds and all my food stocks at the bottom of the river :P. Starting one tile northwards puts you on dry land, but there isn't as much iron in the map. Perhaps one tile southwards gives better results...

Incidentally, can anyone compare the worldgen info to a vanilla large map. I changed the settings at one point (and in a moment of "What does this button do", saved it), but I think I've put it back to normal (in which case, you just want the seeds), although I'm not sure and have no basis for comparison... :-\

Edit: ok, this guy's river is better. I conceed :D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:36:09 am by TheIncredibleChris »