Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark Finder improvements  (Read 634 times)

Chewykittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Never befor has the letter "c" been so appetizing
    • View Profile
Embark Finder improvements
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:33:55 pm »

Hello, this is my first post suggestion section so I have no idea if this has already been discussed to a bloody pulp, but here it goes.

I've discovered DF about a month ago and am no just getting comfy, however I'm still running through a ton of forts. About 1 every week or so. I abandon often because I try different things out and search for better fort layouts.

My problems with the Embark location finder are these:

1) It take forever. I use a huge world map and it takes about 10 minutes per search. And I hate it when all my selections go green 50 seconds into the search. There should be an option to where if you aren't picky, it tosses you the first location that fits the bill.

2) When it's done, I have to pick what it's chosen.  The solution is the opposite to my last gripe. Have it scour the world and you can review from the list of all fits or near fits if you so choose.

Obviously you couldn't  have both of these options on at the same time. But they would be nice little things (2 is kinda big for me) depending on your mood at embark, quick or picky.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Embark Finder improvements
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 06:52:03 am »

SEARCH THE WIKI
SEARCH THE FORUM

/rant

yeah, everyone has these issues. They will be dealt with in time.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.