Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Dwarven Bible, Biology part finished.  (Read 12998 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Bible, Biology part finished.
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 02:55:36 pm »

Modified a bit. What should I handle next?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »

Dwarven tools (or lack thereof). I wrote a short treatise on it, but it's nothing to the DB.

Back to dwarven drinking! Methanol seems seems better for me to work with creatively, (H4CO) and it's far more dwarven- 5ml can kill a human. NOT ONLY THAT, Methanol burns with a white flame that is nigh invisible in daylight conditions, which could explain Urist's tendency to be unaware of fires in the booze stockpile.

The four hydrogens mean that the dwarf could get two water molecules for every two molecules of methanol and oxygen. The leftover carbon becomes carbon monoxide. I have to go, more on this later.

Also, praise to Duke 2.0
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 03:44:39 pm »

Nice story, Duke. Very interesting. Armok gave them blood instead of magma, amirite?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 01:57:50 pm »

I bother to go out and learn some chemistry, check my facts and extrapolate from the available evidence to create a cohesive theory of dwarven drinking, and he writes a pretty paragraph and gets all the praise.. sniff sniff...

I could've been a writer, but no, I decided to put some freakin' effort in and this is the thanks I get? I worked two jobs just to put a meal on your plate every night, your drunken and abusive mother beating me for not having food on the table at seven...:D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 03:32:44 pm »

I liked it, there were just more posts after it so I couldn't very easily directly respond to it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 03:34:30 pm »

Modify the story as you wish, it was made at three in the morning.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 03:36:12 pm »

Maybe you should write more stuff at three in the morning. Maybe that's what all the famous writers do. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 03:44:53 pm »

Well, writing ain't my problem. Horribly derailing threads Art is.

But yes, considering the random generation nature of Dwarf Fortress I assume Toady would eventually make the game make it's own generation stories.

Watch for the Dwarves birthed from the milk of maggots.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 04:13:29 pm »

oh god. If random creation myths are added into DF we'll get dwarves created by the carp god out of wood.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 07:08:23 am »

Bump/necro/whatever. Where has this gone. It was off to such a good start.  :(
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

PaperJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 07:46:52 am »

While I think that biology and such is agreeable upon, since every dwarf is the same, I disagree with making up generation stories, as every world is different and with different gods.
Pages: 1 2 [3]