Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d14]&[40d16] Screen not resizing  (Read 950 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
[40d14]&[40d16] Screen not resizing
« on: August 24, 2009, 12:04:19 pm »

i am using a windows vista pc that has never had problems with DF before but now when i start it in full screen it does not use all the area instead it centers itself for the opening movie and then jumps to the upper left hand corner of the screen with black taking up the rest.

my init file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

will post anything else that may be needed hopefully this is on my end and not the game cuase i really want to play.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:55:40 am by Diakron »
Back to Mafia with me!

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
Re: [40d14] Screen not resizing
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 12:30:47 am »

I have the exact same problem, but I'm on windows XP... It seems that for some unknown reason regardless of whether or not [BLACK_SPACE] it set to yes or no it seems to be permanently stuck on.
BTW what graphics card are you using?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:51:29 am by Evil One »
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:50:50 pm »

It seems that for some unknown reason regardless of whether or not [BLACK_SPACE] it set to yes or no it seems to be permanently stuck on.

Regardless of this, you might want to try turning [BLACK_SPACE] off, anyway, just to check if it works.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 12:23:18 am »

You guys have no [GRID] attribute in your inits.  I run in Windowed mode, using most of my 166x900 screen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 04:44:03 am »

I tried changing the [GRID] settings on mine and it just made it worse, the whole screen ends up sqashed into the corner now.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

torne

• Bay Watcher
  • arf arf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 05:49:50 am »

40d14 calculates grid size automatically by looking at the tileset size and resolution, so the tag is no longer in init.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 05:53:47 am »

If you want the window to cover more of the screen, just resize it like you would any other window.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 04:25:09 pm »

If you want the window to cover more of the screen, just resize it like you would any other window.
That just results in a big black window with Dwarf Fortress scrunched up in the corner.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 01:49:00 am »

im gathering info on this bug please post your Init file display settings pc specs and any comp modes you have tried. i WILL figure this out d11 is good but i want the best :)
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: [40d14]&[40d16] Screen not resizing
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 02:07:26 am »

ok after meddling bigtime and fiddling with the graphics settings a little i might have found something:

[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1440]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:900]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:curses_800x600.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:1440]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:900]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:curses_800x600.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:NO]

put your screen res in (mine is 1440x900) graphics to YES and change the font to curses_800x600.png, hell i can even see all of the world gen and its a decent size i can play it but i will figure out how that on guy on vista made his work correctly.

edit: i tried to load it again after modding it and it seems to be broke again maybe i got lucky once...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:27:28 am by Diakron »
Back to Mafia with me!

A_Big_Bear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d14]&[40d16] Screen not resizing
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 08:19:59 am »

Have you tried zooming in?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile