Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ps3 slim  (Read 2071 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: ps3 slim
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 09:57:19 pm »

More like made for the PS2. I'm not bothered by the fact that a lot of PS3 owners are bigots, but there is that they try to deny that Sony is screwing them over in a lot of ways. At least you get the basic service of playing games online for free, but their downloadable everything sucks. And the installation thing is basically something console gamers want to avoid. Still, the Sony-loyal developers have pumped out a few gems. Oh, and it's cheaper than most blu-ray players created explicitly for the purpose of playing blu-ray.

Pros:
*A handful of must-plays
*Horsepower
*PS2 games (with old version)
*Free and hassle-free online play
*Everyone can emphasize with my like of baguettes
*Blu-ray

Cons:
*Not many games
*Installation
*Not much online DLCs (I loved Castle Crashers, for example)

The not many games bit is arguable at best and doesn't really stand up any longer. Same for the 'not much online' bit. I own a half dozen online games on the system, and have more I want (Castle Crashers is confirmed to be coming out soon).

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 10:29:22 pm »

Confirmed to be coming out soon? That's just what I'm talking about. Not that I'm ever going to tell someone not to play a game because it's old (I'm getting into System Shock and Zork- yes, the first Zork), but 5 dorfbucks says the price is higher on the PS3, and that's REALLY late. It seems most good XB360 games are also on the PS3, and some of them do have better graphics. But generally everything comes out at a painful delay.

I also think Home is lame. I'm not even going to consider that a 'con' though. While I'm not so much for the "you can't complain, it's free" argument justifying it, it's worth noting that the other consoles don't have anything to compare. And really, you CAN just pretend it's not there if you don't like it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 10:47:27 pm »

Wii also has free internet access, and the Wii store. Plus point and click internet browsing.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 10:52:57 pm »

Wii store has some epic stuff, no doubt. If you own a Wii, you are required to get the Super Mario RPG for SNES, Super Metroid, and any Zelda game you haven't played that is available online. However, friend codes suck balls.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 11:49:33 pm »

True. I am excused from the getting those games though, since I have SMRPG and like 99% of the zelda's available for it. Super Metroid is DEFINITELY a must though. Kirby is also a good choice, though Kirby Super Star Deluxe for the DS is probably the best one out there.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 12:13:56 am »

Oh, I should note, controllers: In some conditions, I'd rather use the Gamecube Wavebird controller for downloaded SNES games than a real SNES console. If you have a passion for old games, you can probably find an SNES for $50 and games in the $10 range, if you're clever.
Pages: 1 2 [3]